Tuesday, August 26, 2008

New Seat Cushions

During the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) airshow at the end of July I went over to the Glasair Aviation factory booth and visited with Ted Setzer. Ted works for Glasair in the "Two Weeks to Taxi" program and has donated some of his own time flying from his home in Washington state to Oshkosh to help build the Sportsman. Also, when Tom was in Washington Ted fitted and installed the new wheel fairing. During our visit, I sat in one of the factory demonstration aircraft. The first thing that I noticed that was different was the seat cushions. Glasair has redsigned the cushions to be more comfortable. My first impression was WOW what a difference. Then I thought we need to raise some money so Tom can have these in the Sportstman. So I asked the Lord what we should do, and He laid it on my heart to raise the $1800 needed for the new cushions. No sooner did I leave the Glasair booth then I ran into an old friend that I previously helped with some painting on his float plane. He shook my hand and when I opened my had he had slipped me some money. The Lord told me there is the first amout for the seat cushions. So I called Tom and told him what the Lord had laid on my heart to do, and I made some phone calls to some freinds. In only two weeks $650 had been raised.

I called today to check if Glasair had the cushions instock and to verify the price. The cushions are in stock, and they are going to give us a 25% discount on the cushion. So now we only have to raise $1342.50 plus the shipping. God is great.

For those who read this I would ask you to consider if the Lord would have you help with the seat cushion fund. You may send your check to Wings As Eagles 3030 Witzel Ave, Oshkosh, WI 54904, and label it for Sportsman seat cushions. As the money comes in I will update the blog to keep you all informed, and if more than is need comes in we will put it torwards the fuel needed to fly the plane to Africa. Thank you, and may the Lord richly bless you

1 comment:

Sam Sanderlin Family... said...

Hey, John...that is great news about the seat cushions. I will send out an email directing our supporting friends and family to look at the blog.